Sunday 9 November 2014

WEEK 5 "REAL TOOLS AND REAL SOLUTIONS"



     Hello colleagues!

    This week as usual introduced me to really useful tools indeed. I found out a lot about "Project-Based Learning". I liked all three articles by John M. Norris,  Brulent Alan and Frederika L. Stoller, John Larmer and John R. Mergendoller. 

    I found creating rubrics very fun and useful, this tool is essential, particularly when you are conducting PBL   lessons. Let's say "BRILLIANT" approach to assess students' knowledge about the subject you teach! 

    As for alternative assessment I can definitely say that choosing a "TEST" must be really purposeful and contextual. Ss usually don't mind being assessed differently, so using alternative assessment can be effective. 

    As for practical part of this great week, I've created a rubric, analyzed "PROS and CONS" of "QUIZLET and ANKI" in terms of usability and finally, I created my first "WEBQUEST".  I shared my thoughts about it in my previous posts, look for it to find anything that will supplement your knowledge with its effectiveness on ESL lessons.

    As for webquest, I post it directly in Nicenet so that everyone can explore it and I hope that everyone will find it useful from overall content, for this purpose, I tried to make it more interactive. Enjoy! 
But don't forget to leave feedback!

    Regarding my class issue, I consider that "QUIZLET together with ANKI" will be ideal to solve problems of my students. They're really practical, so I believe that I'll achieve great results in improving vocabulary skills, Ss will definitely like it! 

   Thank you Courtney for every piece of information you provide us in this brilliant course and for useful feedback on each step we make to achieve great results in WEBSKILLS ! 

Best regards,
Zulyar Kavashev
Kazakhstan, Almaty

2 comments:

  1. Dear Zulyar,

    What a great week 5 post. I truly enjoyed reading it.
    I do agree with your point of students like having a different types of assessments.
    Wish you all the best for the upcoming weeks.

    Best,
    Anar from Mongolia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Zulyar,
    Congrats for your great week 5 post. I haven't tried Quizlet before, but it seems to be very interesting. I'm going to find out more and see if I can use it in my courses. Thanks!
    I also invite you to visit my blog http://mywebskills2014.blogspot.com/ and see the rubric I creates with Rubistar. Comments and suggestions are welcome!
    Happy week,
    Evelyn from Venezuela

    ReplyDelete